- Market issues such as the need for your product or
service, the size of the market, and its growth rate;
- Economic issues such as potential after-tax profits, the
time required to achieve positive cash flow, and the amount of money required
to get the business rolling;
- Competitive advantage issues such as the fixed and
variable costs of marketing and production, the degree of control over costs,
supply, and distribution, and barriers to entry such as regulations and
- Management team issues including the approach taken by
your competitors to the same opportunity; and
- Fatal flaw issues, based on all the preceding criteria.
If there's a fatal flaw, you should reconsider your opportunity before you
invest your time and money.